Tanja Frank and Lorena Abicht showed off their girl power in the 49erFX and successfully defended their position, while Thomas Zajac and Barbara Matz managed to sail home in a confident 3rd place in the first World Cup for the Foiling Nacra.
A fun fact about this Nacra 17 position: all 3 podium positions were awarded to competitors who were also on the winners’ rostrum at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio. The second of the FSE Robline teams also fared well, with Santiago Lange and Cecilia Saroli finishing their 1st World Cup in 2nd place.
The team of Ben Bildstein and David Hussl can also be extremely proud of their achievement, since despite a serious injury to Ben, after just a short lay-off he was back to finishing very close to the podium, thus showing just how much potential he still has in his locker.
The other teams deserve a mention too: each team who participated in the Sailing World Cup in Miami is now one of the best in the world, and it is often very fine margins that separate the final positions. We therefore congratulate all of the other teams for achieving these positions:
- 13th David Bargehr / Lukas Mähr (AUT)
- 25th Niko Kampelmühler / Thomas Czajka (AUT
- 32nd Yannis Saje / Lukas Haberl (AUT)
- 11th Uberto Crivelli Visconti / Gianmarco Togni (ITA)
- 13th Dominik Buksak / Szymon Wierzbicki (POL)
- 24th Lukas Przybytek / Pawel Kolodzinski (POL)
- 26th Nevin Snow / Aximiliano Agnese (USA)
- 34th Marco Baumann / Jakob Flachberger (AUT)
- 4th Sophie Weguelin / Sophie Ainsworth (UK)
- 17th Angelika Kohlendorfer / Lisa Farthofer (AUT)
Images: © David Pichler